Monday, November 2, 2009

535 Week 3

After a crazy weekend away at a friend's wedding out of state, I have finally begun my homework. I think that the most exciting assignment this week was to compile a list of blogs that we wanted to follow. I found some blogs that look really interesting, and I am excited to look through them in the future. I am still undecided about the creative commons assignment. I do post pictures to picassa or facebook as a way of sharing them with friends. Most of my pictures are of people, so I have never delved into the world of getting my own creative commons license. However, I am excited at the thought of creating a ning for my classes. I have used a wiki in the past, so I am looking forward to trying something different!

2 comments:

  1. Erika,

    I am curious to know how you chose which blogs you would follow. Did you search for topics that you thought were relevant, or did you already know which sites you wanted to follow? I know for myself that I need to better define my search and find blogs that don't simply fulfill the parameters of the assignment.
    Most of my pictures are also personal, so I wonder about the positive aspects of making my account public. With that said, I think that the online photo sharing would be a nice way for students to organize photos to use in Voicethread.
    The Ning is an intriguing undertaking, and I wonder if using one would be the best route for my classes. I think that the experiences we have had using the Ning has demonstrated the power of this tool, and certainly further study will help determine whether or not I will use a Ning in my classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading blogs I find interesting. The RSS feeds are starting to pay off as they allow me to access all of these blogs in one spot and then scan the information for items of interest.
    I am a wiki fan more than a ning fan. It seems as though pbworks has more features for creativity when creating pages. I think I may need to spend more time on the creation side of a ning to be sure.

    ReplyDelete