Bad news to report.
While working on my assignments last night, I knocked over my Diet Dr. Pepper, and the entire beverage landed on my laptop keyboard. My computer is less than a year old, but accidental spillage of beverages is not included in the basic warranty. Of course, I did not think that I needed to purchase the extended warranty. I am an adult. I am usually very careful. I thought I would be immune from such catastrophes. But, I am not immune. However, I am thankful that much of my information is backed up online, and I am thankful that many of my pictures are saved online as well. However, I am sad that I didn't ever really use delicious. I fear that I have lost all of my dozens of neatly organized bookmarks!
So, now, what to do? I popped off all the keys right away, and dried what I could with Q-tips. I took out the battery. And, now when I turn it on, it immediately shuts down. So, I called Dell, and the very nice technician thinks that there is a problem with the board......
Any ideas? Should I send it in to Dell? Or, is there a local trustworthy company? If it costs a bunch to fix it, should I just think about buying a Mac? Any and all ideas are welcome.
Thank you in advance!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Erika,
ReplyDeleteOh how awful!! How is your laptop doing these days? Our pet ferret did same thing to my laptop a few years ago and shorted out the motherboard - to the tune of a $400 repair. I'd be interested in knowing how things turned out. Did you have to replace the computer?
Jim
Sorry to hear that, Erika. Getting a computer fixed these days is not an affordable task as computers become more of a disposable device. We lost a laptop in the past year, too, but when it came to fixing it, we found out, like Jim did, it would cost about $400. We opted for a new computer for that price. I hope all goes well for you as quickly as possible. Was it a good Christmas? ;)
ReplyDelete