Tuesday, April 27, 2010

555 #3: Culminating proposal is done.....

Writing my culminating project proposal was an interesting undertaking. I write objectives for my students on a very regular basis, but writing them for myself was difficult. I wanted to make sure that my objectives were achievable, but not superficial. It was also interesting to try to provide a time line for the project. Using technology always seems to take a little more time than I anticipate it will. It was also interesting to make a rubric to assess the project. Knowing that I will be expected to meet the standards that I set was a good exercise. And, it also made me think about standards that I set in other arenas of my life.

I continue to work on my online portfolio. It has been gratifying to sift through all of the work that I have completed to get to this point in the program. It is hard to believe that we are almost done!

2 comments:

  1. Erica, It sounds like you have a firm hold on things and your focus is clear. I like your enthusiasm about your portfolio and your culminating experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica,
    I wish I was as confident in my proposal as you are with yours. I found that writing the rubric for my project helped me discern my goals better.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete