Monday, April 20, 2009

What I would lose.......

If my personal computer were to fail, I think that I would be quite frustrated.

I know that computers fail, so I try to back up some things. Most of my pictures are backed up on Google's picassa. And, I have started using Google Docs for my word processing, but I do have many Microsoft Word files that are only stored on my old desktop.

Then, there are the little things that I would lose, that would really annoy me. I would lose all of my bookmarks. Yes, I have a delicious account. No, I do not use it. I would also lose the passwords that I actually store online, like the one for my library account. I have a list of "important" passwords, but the bar code for my library card never made the cut.

I do not store much music on my computer, but if I did, I could see that also being a problem.

I do think that day to day, I would have issues with not being able to communicate with my friends and family. Not having a computer at my disposal would cause me far more disappointment than the items I mentioned above. A day without email and facebook does not occur very frequently in my little world. And, I might have to actually pull out the phone book to call Barnes and Noble to find out their hours, or if they have the book that I would like to purchase in stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment