Monday, December 7, 2009

540 Week 1

Well, the dreaded statistics has begun. I admit that I have never had a stats course, and I should not have negative feelings about this course from the beginning. So far, so good. I have a very good friend who is obsessed with stats. He is even getting his PhD in a field that allows him to use stats daily. I am not sure that I will change my profession, or start teaching stats. But, I do think that learning more about statistics will help me to better understand information that is thrown around. Or, it might just cause me to be more skeptical of numbers that are thrown around by the media!

2 comments:

  1. Well, you are in a good position to have such a good support system to help you with the difficult tasks that are sure to come. I will be sure to bother you with all of my problems since you will be a step ahead of me! Good luck, I think we both are going to need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika, your comment about learning to be more skeptical about the statistics you are exposed to is right on target. It's one of the primary goals of this course.

    ReplyDelete