Monday, May 24, 2010
565 Week 2
It was interesting to delve a little deeper into WINNS data this week. While I have been exposed to it at staff meetings, I have never poked around the website myself. The most interesting piece of information that I found was how the percent of students performing at the advanced and proficient levels has increased in the past five years. In November of 2005, 80.8% of our 10th grade students were performing at the advanced/proficient levels. That rate has been steading increasing, and was at 89% in 2009. It was also intersting to see that female students scored advanced/proficent at a rate of 93% on the 10th grade WKCE reading test, while 82% of male students were advanced/proficient. When it came to math, 87% of the females were advanced/profcient, while only 79% of the males were. Overall, more female students were advanced in reading, while more male students were advanced in math. But, when one adds in the proficent category, the girls are doing better than the guys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The data results generated on your WKCE's is very interesting. I find it intriguing that it has been steadily increasing over the past 5 years. Is this due to the fact your school is implementing new programs or are students just generally smarter and understand the materials better?
ReplyDeleteIt is interesting to hear that your school is doing so well and is on a rising trend. I cannot say the same about my school nor other schools in the district. Yes,there are times when our scores are on the rise however within a couple of years it is offset with a decline for some odd reason. What is it that you think your school may be doing to create a consistent rise?
ReplyDeleteData can be powerful, I hope more teachers see how it can be harnessed.
ReplyDelete