Tuesday, June 15, 2010

565 Week 3

The most interesting thing this week was looking at the Beloit College mindset. It is really important to keep in mind who you are trying to lead, and make the content/changes relevant to them. My current students were born when I was in high school, so I need to remember to think about their life experiences, and how they differed from my life experiences when I was their age. The internet wasn't huge until I went to college, and they have had exposure to it their entire lives! That fact alone has made their childhoods vastly different from what mine was like.

Additionally, it is important for leaders to meet others where they are. It is important for someone to lead, but it is also important for that leader to recognize the stumbling blocks for those he/she is trying to lead!

No comments:

Post a Comment