Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Blog #2.......thinking about how to evaluate websites

This week, we had to create an evaluation form that our students could use to examine websites. It was great for me to take a step back to think about how to teach middle schoolers to think critically about information they find on the web. One thing that was really important for me was to make sure that my students give open-ended responses to the questions, and not simply check a box.

It was also interesting to check out the different services offered through Google 411, Google Voice, Ta-Da, etc. Google 411 and Voice would be beneficial for me to use in my personal life, while bloglines or Survey Monkey could be welcome additions to my classroom!

1 comment:

  1. I found Survey Monkey to be a great tool to use for my professional development portfolio.
    I would be interested in seeing your website evaluation form. I have a tendency to over-quantify things and would welcome some more open-ended questioning models for the purpose of evaluating a website.

    ReplyDelete